The NATO-Serbia war has already caused much dying and suffering and has created a very dangerous situation for the region and beyond.
Science for Peace urges:
- That there be an immediate stop to the violence by all three parties to the war, Serbia, NATO and the KLA; the killing and maiming must end
- That there be no naval blockade by any name; the escalation of the war must be stopped
- That Canada, in the name of humanitarianism, open its doors wide to Albanian Kosovars and Serb dissidents and deserters
- That Russia continue to play a key role in negotiations and in subsequent peacekeeping in Kosovo so as to lessen the risk of a new Cold War
- That the UN lead and direct in both of the above; it remains our only hope for global peace and order
- That Canada should cease all military participation in the war; what is presently being done is neither just nor productive
- That NATO states provide infrastructure adequate for reconstruction and reconciliation.