Public education and research are the essential goals of Science for Peace. Our Internship Program offers university students an opportunity to further their understanding of peace and sustainability issues and gain research and/or administrative experience. Students will be enabled to engage with issues most significant to them and help craft outcomes whilst learning new skills and acquiring knowledge.
The term of the internship is open. You may wish to commit yourself to one term of four months, opt for an academic year (8 months), or stay with us for a calendar year. You can normally expect to spend three or four hours a week on the internship. Heavier loads can be negotiated, especially in the summer months.
Interns will have one or more of the following responsibilities:
- Help coordinate one working group or initiative;
- Participate in a research project, for example, the history of Science for Peace;
- Assist in event organization;
- Utilize social media to increase the reach of the organization’s work.
We look for motivated and knowledgeable students with an aptitude for research, writing for a general audience, and social media.
Benefits of Internship
By interning at SfP, you gain:
- Project management experience and professional skills;
- Access to working group and other activities and events;
- Publication opportunities on the SfP website;
- Free membership in SfP for one year;
- A reference letter from the president of the association attesting to your work and motivation.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send an email message to the coordinator, Science for Peace, at the email address listed below, stating your major program and year of study, together with a brief statement of your interests relating to peace and ecological sustainability issues. If you have any prior experience working in non-governmental organizations, please mention that.
Please contact Science for Peace at:
Science for Peace, 355 University College
15 King’s College Circle
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 3H7
Telephone: 416 978 3606