Mon, Nov 10, 2014: General Members' Meeting| (0) Add comment
Dear Science for Peace members
We would like to invite you to a general members’ meeting of Science for Peace on November 10th from 7-9pm in Room 5150 of the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education ( OISE – 252 Bloor Street West, Toronto, ON ). The main agenda item will be a facilitated discussion of what should be the priorities of Science for Peace in the coming two years. We can connect out of town people via Skype if you contact us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vision & Strategy Workshop
We invite you to this workshop with the spirit of engaging our collective imagination and creativity while retaining a practical focus.
1. Grounding our future work: Historical timeline of SfP. What are the milestones that have defined SfP since its inception?
2. Visioning exercise: What world do we see as possible in 2020 (as opposed to probable)?
3. Construction exercise: Holding that 2020 Vision, how has Science for Peace contributed to bring about that positive vision?
4. Building blocks: Analysis of current Strengths/ Weaknesses/ Opportunities/ Threats.
5. Preliminary Conclusions: Setting priorities for 2015 Work Plan.
These will inform further work by the executive, which will be sent to the membership for final review.
IMPORTANT: To make the best use of our time together, please email the office (email@example.com) with your recollections of SfP’s important milestones over the years before Friday November 7. We consolidate your contributions and bring them to the session for review. With gratitude.