Thu, Apr 04, 2013: Confronting a Nuclear Age: Necessary Changes in the Human Future| (0) Add comment
Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/351436061633355/
Join us for a free public lecture at 3-5pm on April 4th, 2013 in Room 044 (east end of the building in the basement) at University College, 15 King’s College Circle, Toronto, ON by:
Necessary Changes in the Human Future
Economics, energy, speed, and technology.
• Ikka Taipale. War or Health, a Reader. (Zed Books Limited, London and New York)
• Indur M. Goklany, The Improving State of the World: Why We’re Living Longer, Healthier, More Comfortable Lives on a Cleaner Planet (Washington, D.C. Cato Institute, 2007).
• Lester R. Brown, World on the Edge: How to Prevent Environmental and Economic Collapse. (New York: Norton, 2011).
• Alvin and Heidi Toffler, Revolutionary Wealth (New York: Doubleday Currency, 2006).
• iCan, “A Nuclear Weapons Convention” http://icanw.org/nuclear-weapons-convention
Derek Paul is a Professor Emeritus of the University of Toronto and a past President of Science for Peace. Articles written by Derek Paul can be found here: http://shirleyandderek.ca/derek
This lecture is part of the series Confronting a Nuclear Age which is co-sponsored by University College Health Studies Programme, Canadian Pugwash Group, Science for Peace and Voice of Women for Peace.